Almost nothing compares to a day spent pampering yourself at the spa – almost. What can top it, you ask? Getting the same glow without ever leaving your house –you’re the only client, you pick your own music and you can roll right into bed afterward. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Face mask – Whip up this recipe to leave your skin fresh and glowing.
1 tablespoon French green clay (can be found online or at an organic supermarket)
1 teaspoon coconut flour (can be found at most supermarkets)
3 teaspoons filtered water, or aloe vera juice
1 organic egg yolk
2 drops lavender essential oil
1 teaspoon jojoba oil
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl. Next, gently mix in jojoba and lavender oils. Apply to clean skin, avoiding the eyes, eyebrows, and lips. Let the mask sit for 15 minutes, then wipe off with a wet, warm washcloth. Follow up with your favorite toner, moisturizer, or facial oil. Voila!
- Comfy robe – There’s a reason spas offer these, it’s like giving yourself a giant hug. And you deserve a few thousand hugs.
- Calming music – Keep an ambient instrumental playlist on repeat to harness your #zen.
- Healthy treats – Little indulgences like mimosas or chocolate-covered fruit can make your experience extra decadent.
- Mani/Pedi Set – After a night of detoxing, it’s time to polish. Soak hands and feet in warm, soapy water. Lotion. Shape and buff nails. Then top with a bright spring hue like coral or mint.