Laser Hair Removal Pre & Post Treatment Information
Laser Hair Removal
- Do not wax, tweeze or use hair removal creams at anytime during treatment.
- We may prescribe a compounded anesthetic numbing cream. Apply a small amount of cream to the area and rub in thoroughly. If you are applying this cream to your legs (thighs or lower legs, but not both) your full back, your full chest or both arms, DO NOT use it on any other body area on the same treatment date. Legs, backs, chests and arms requiring this medication must each be treated on separate dates. Other areas not requiring this medication may be treated on the same date. This prescription should last for most or all of your treatments. Pregnant and nursing mothers cannot use numbing
cream. Inform us of any pre-existing heart conditions.
- It is important to stay out of the sun for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to treatment or longer if you retain a tan for a long time. This includes tanning beds and self-tanning creams. We cannot treat anyone with a sunburn or fresh tan.
- Please shave the area to be treated within 24 hours before your treatment. We can do a little touch up but shaving large areas is best done in the comfort of your home.
- It is best not to wear make up on an area to be treated; but we can always remove it before your laser session. ALL skin products MUST be removed thoroughly prior to laser treatment.
- Clients undergoing bikini line hair removal should wear a narrow cut panty or swim suit.
- If the area we are treating requires disrobing, you will be given a gown. In general most clients are able to keep some or all of
their clothes on during the procedure.
- Please be on time for your appointment. We make every effort to ensure our Clients do not have to wait. We reserve the
right to re-schedule your appointment if you are late or have not complied with the pre-treatment instructions.
- We recommend that you not use Retin-A two weeks prior to treatment if the Retin-A product causes skin irritation or inflammation in the area. You may resume Retin-A after your laser treatment unless your skin is irritated from the laser. In that case we recommend waiting until your skin returns to normal following laser treatment.
- Prior to your appointment please make arrangements with someone to watch your children.
Laser Hair Removal
- All Clients should avoid the sun for 1 week and thereafter use a sun block (High SPF with zinc or titanium oxide).
- Small red areas may be present directly around individual hairs. This is normal. If a burning sensation occurs, apply ice for 20 minutes and repeat as necessary. One method that works well involves placing a damp washcloth in the freezer. Once frozen remove and place it over the area. It will then mold to any curved surfaces, especially the face.
- Typically treated hairs may fall out over a 7-21 days period. As the hair follicle dissipates you may remove the dead hairs before they fall out if you desire. The hair may also appear stunned and will not grow in length as before.
- We may recommend using moisturizers and other skin care products after laser treatment. Please follow the instructions for best results.