Radiant Skin at Every Age Blame it on genetics or Mother Nature, but your skin changes as you age. The good news is you can have happy, healthy skin through every decade with love and care…and possibly some science if you choose!
You may notice fine lines and your complexion may start to dull.
- Use SPF daily
- Look for powerful antioxidants like vitamin C and E in moisturizers to fight off free radicals (destructive molecules caused by UV rays, pollution and allergens)
- Introduce a retinoid cream a few times a week to ward off wrinkles and loss of elasticity
- A soft-tissue filler like Botox® provides a lift to fine lines
Fluctuating hormones can lead to dryer skin and fine lines deepening. You may also notice sagging along the jaw line and uneven complexion.
Continue your routine from your 30s, plus:
- Use retinoid daily now and apply it to the neck and chest too
- Switch to a heavier moisturizer
- Drink more water to increase hydration
- BroadBand Light™ Therapy evens out skin tone and texture
- Ultherapy® treatments lift, tone and tighten skin under the chin and neck
- Hyaluronic acid fillers like Restylane® and Juvéderm® plump wrinkles around the mouth and smooth nose-to-mouth lines.
Natural oil and collagen production decreases even more leading to looser skin and loss of volume in the mid and lower sections of the face.
- Exfoliate four or five times a week
- Choose a heavy moisturizer loaded with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Dysport® filler helps diminish moderate to severe frown lines, forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet
- Juvéderm Vouma® XC restores volume and plumpness to the cheeks
Oil production drops dramatically so skin is thinner, drier and more prone to irritation; Skin continues to lose elasticity.
- Use a gentle hydrating cleanser
- Exfoliate less now, try twice a week
- Opt for a thick moisturizer with a high concentration of oils
- Mix your retinoid cream with a moisturizer to prevent drying
- A liquid “facelift” using injectibles and laser facials restores radiance and fullness
Smile! And enjoy the rewards of taking good care of your skin year after year. Be the best version of you…moisturize, moisturize, moisturize, eat well and exercise.